Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank order list preference - drphd
Hi everyone, I read ROL FAQ in detail. As per my understanding, Applicants are allowed to contact programs and tell them about their ranking preference. however programs are not allowed to ask applicants.

Based on this, what are you guys doing to ensure that number one program in your ROL knows that you are ranking them highest . calling after interviews?, emails with information that you are very interested and this is your most favorite program ( of course no lies).

Please suggest.

Thank you
Hello,

You can call or email your first choice if you'd like; from what I've read this probably doesn't impact their rank list but if it makes you feel more comfortable with how you handled the process, go for it. I don't think call vs email matters. Regarding the first part of your post, you can tell them whatever you want and they can do the same with you, but neither can ask what the other chose for preference.
Thank you Brompton . That make sense. I don't want to violate NRMP and I also want to try my best to match to my most preferred program.

Best of luck.
Sure; I understand it's a hard process--I'm not entirely sure if I know what I'm doing either! Good luck to you as well and thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »