Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some hope and honest reply - viswa1
hi all, i recently did step 3 and feeling horrible.. i know it s natural feeling but i have reasons to panic.. coz if a fail it will b red flag on my match application.. nd i dont wanna repeat this exam again..

so my day 1 was difficult.. as everyone hv experienced.. i was nt sure for any of answers.. but i tried to b calm and get it done on time though i randomly guessed ans for abstract...

day 2 mcq s were ok but nt tht gr8.. i was stuck between 2 choices most of tim..

i wanted to do well on ccs but did many silly mistakes which i shud nt hv and now feeling how stupid i m to make such mistakes..
1) in IWMI case i gave nitrate to patient nd forgot to cancel order.. i ordered PTCA but nt cath.. is it required to order cath along with PTCA?
2) in pregnant patient i dint focused on treating high BP which was main complaint.. though at end screen i orderd hydralazine but thts nt first line treartment... i also orderd urine protein.. i forgot to order folic acid supplementation
3) in SCC patient after office visit i shifted pt to ED just for doing biopsy.. tht ws blunder .. feeling awful.. after biopsy i sent pt home and scheduled for office visit for test results

4) for child with hb less than 6 i orderd blood transfusion at end screen but forgot to do type and cross match
5) one case i managed badly.. patient was nt able to take orally but i gave him medicines orally
6) forgot to order suicide contract in mild depressed patient
- while i admitted any pt i used to forgot to order bed rest n npo n diet ordered them after some time..

how bad it is .. kindly advice.. m so much panicking.. i wud nt b able to handle failure....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »