Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match 2019! - goinghigher2
@ hardworking, those I know that matched with 1 IV knew nobody. For them, they said their time and chance, met. They went for the interview when they had given up, so there was no desperation in them during the interview. Never give up!!

@kukal, I still see you in the race, do not give up yet. If you really want to win, then don't quit now. If you quit for this year, what changes do you intend to make for next year application? Instead I would advice to think of what you can do now to improve your chance for an interview. For instance, you can talk to your medical assistant/scribe manager to help give a phone call of recommendation to some programs if possible. I also know someone who got an IV from a phone call recommendation. Just don't lose hope, there is still space at the top for you!
@goinghigher2 thanks for your replay!!! Actually that's what I did and the MD I work with said he is going to call the program director, in the mean time I applied for a medical assistant job/medical scribe at the same program and they offered me the job. I am planning on taking that job now because as you mentioned I gotta make it happen and I have to impress the right people!!! If there's a will there's a way...………..
Exactly! That's a way in. keep up the spirit!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »