Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No invites :( - sthapit17
same here, really sad and broken Sad
Ive accepted the fact i wont be getting any this cycle.
You have stellar grades. What is really hurting you is the lack of visa
Hi All
I am an FMG going through the same struggle, but at least I have a full-time job as a Clinical Research Scientist working with a group of oncology physicians helping them with running Clinical Trials.

How did I get there - I came here as a student F1 for a clinical research program and struggled hard to find my breakthrough into clinical trials as a clinical research coordinator. It was the same struggle as getting a residency.

My piece of advice to all those who at least don't need sponsorship is look for jobs in clinical research at academia, which will help with improving your cv, make connections, get publications, develop unique skill set of running clinical trials which will help you in the long run to be a physician investigator.

How to get such jobs?
Keep applying in the university career websites for relevant entry-level clinical research jobs, be active in LinkedIn, connect to clinical research professionals, recruiting agencies like Medix, Aerotek.

There is a whole new field of medical affairs, and clinical research which I feel has not been explored by physicians, which needs our expertise or at least contribution for useful therapeutic developments in Medicine.

For those requiring a visa, my advice is to enroll in such courses and keep working towards your goal. Why visa? I could only work since I had a valid student visa F1 CPT and OPT, and then H1 but otherwise no one would even care to give me a job. Unfortunately, that's the saddest part of requiring the visa in health care be it residency or health care related jobs.

guys I'm telling you. I wouldnt know what to do if I"m in your spot given your stories. Your scores and grad years are awesome. I wouldn't know what to do or say at this point. but i'm really glad youre still fighting and still holding up. I wish someone somewhere would help us out at least let us know what were doing wrong!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »