Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please explain these questions - dexa
Smile Thanx

Most probably due to defect EP action/or production + thyroxine in vitro need to start EP act on erythroid colony formation (+ ↓ tissue O2 requirement due to ↓ basal metabolic rate) -> hypothyroidism may by itself -> physiological adaptation -> ↓EP production/consequent dec EP & -> low reticulocyte count give fall on that for macro pic u see. Hope some1 give more light to it😊 all I could come up with.

That would be a long list you can google it… I really don’t think you need to know all. Indication for flex more for a routine exam, or use catheter & brush for cytology (i.e transbronchial lung) or localized bleeding in cases of hemoptysis. Rigid more of preventing hyperextension of neck let say with pat in aortic aneurysm (read more below)

If your pat about to parish forgets about imaging go straight -> interventionWink. Now if you adult pat suspect of FNA & “STABLE” -> PE-> X-ray ( or CT if your x, not unconvincing) -> flex broncho (both dx & therapeutic) & can confirm it & you can attempt to remove it. Now if you pat cervicalfacial trauma/or mech vent; Rigid broncho use rather than a diagnostic tool. Also, more preferred in kido due wider instrument lumen & vent & easier to remove it)
indications for flexible and rigid bronchoscope?

Rigid Bronchoscopy
-used to examine the trachea and major bronchi.
- Used to remove foreign body in the large airways.
- Used for control of active, massive haemoptysis by
tamponading of endobronchial bleeding.

flexible bronchoscope :
Can be used to study peripheral bronchi
Transbronchial lung biopsy
Detection of unexplained haemoptysis
@cardio69 and usnmlefocus548 thanks a lot.
appreciate it
Most welcome.
Hi guys, i got some questions, these are from CMS psychiatry, please explain it.
thanks

-----------------------------------------

A 16–year old boy comes to the physician because of a 1-year history of progressive headaches that have caused him to miss several days of school. They now occur daily and are always present on awakening in the morning. He describes the headaches as a diffuse, constant pressure that occasionally throbs. He feels better after taking acetaminophen and resting in front of the television for 10 to 20 minutes. He has not noticed any particular events that cause the headaches, and he says that they are not exacerbated by light, sound, coughing, or straining. He has not had vomiting. Two months ago, he sustained a whiplash injury in a motor vehicle collision. His parents say that he snores loudly. His mother and maternal aunt have migraines, and his father has major depressive disorder. The patient is 168 cm (5 ft 6 in) tall and weighs 86 kg [ 189 lb], BMI is 31 kg/m2. He breathes through his mouth. Respirations are 20 /min. Examination shows 3 to 5 beats of jerk nystagmus with lateral gaze bilaterally. Which of the following is the most likely cause of this patient’s headaches?
A) Hydrocephalus
B) Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
C) Major depressive disorder
D) Migraine (wrong answer)
E) School-related anxiety
F) Sleep-related hypoventilation
What do we call when pat restricted in breathing that leads to low levels of O2 or Up in CO2 in the blood of pat?
hi cardio, thanks for prompt respond

I thought of sleep related hypoventilation, but then picked idiopathic intracranial disorder (also in the question multiple times is given that there are no signs of increased intracranial pressureSmile
but nystagmus confused me (although we dont get nystagmus in idiopathic intracranial hypertension neither--> its abducens palsy mainly , I guess).
The teen on stem obese/ pay attention to his BMI & morning headache. RT as you dissected for yourself. but again AGE of pat may also alarm you to multiple factors can lead -> sleep related hypoventilation, that including underlying medical/environmental/genetic circumstances or again bz of his age substances... should be on your menu.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »