Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feelings post Step 1 and Worst mistake ever! - medgirl5
Hi y'all,

ahh so where do i start....I just took Step 1 yesterday and honestly i have no idea how i feel.
My emotions and thoughts are running wild.

Immediately following the exam I was just happy it was over. I honestly couldn't remember 80% of the questions. I think my brain was just on over-drive/complete focus during the exam that I didn't have the mental capacity to "remember" questions as I was answering them. It was literally just like "Click and Go" mode. Unfortunately though, the questions which i felt was difficult i DO remember because I spent a significant amount of time pondering over them.

Its these questions that make me feel like I bombed the exam.... I also ran out of time for 1 questions on my 4th block (the very last questions). It was something stupid about Giradia and honestly, i studied micro so well that I was shocked to see such a random/integrated question about this bug. I remember seeing it was the last question of the block and i looked at my time..."Okay I have 1minute and 14seconds to really think about this questions, there HAS to be a clue that i'm missing in the question stem"...this was my thought process, and I was re-reading the questions slowly..i literally BLINKED once and Oh My God the blocked time expired!!!! i totally missed answering that question! This was by-far the STUPIDEST mistake Anyone could ever make. I should have At least chosen a random answer and then, re-read it (at least then I wouldn't have left it blank). After this block , i needed a mental break to recuperate myself. I took a 20mins lunch break.

I came back from Lunch with a new mind set which was to not let that 1 missed question affect the rest of my performance. and I was able to manage my time a lot more efficiently. BUT coming back to my original post, I honestly Cannot remember like 80% of the exam.

This morning I woke up and started skimming through first aid, and F*** another 10 questions I got wrong along with the REST i can't even remember.
I was reading other forums about how ppl thought they bombed the exam and ended up doing well (I won't lie, it made me feel better ; Misery loves company lol)

Overall I don't know how I did, I'm going through periods of anxiety and lucid dreams. Any advice or thoughts? THanks guys!
Go play some golf. Enjoy life for few weeks.
all the best Smile
you will be fine. thats how mostly students feel after step1. plx do share ur prep strategies with us.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »