Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please post exam preparation techniques for Step 1 -
Kumar Sundaram - ks@abc.com

If someone can post some effective exam preparation techniques and the books used for Step 1 detailing for each subject, that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Kumar
mark

any specific questions?
waqas latif - honeyafnan_7

if you have any tips regarding step 1 kindly send me. thanks.
Raymond Dewri, MD - raymonddewri

USMLE has released 150 items in their website in each of the Steps. They also released items descriptions in their website. Make sure you know all the questions and their answers (found in Kaplan website), and the item descriptions.

I am at the current time working on a syllabus for all the steps. If you want me keep you updated, please let me know. Good luck. Comprehensive understanding of the materials is the key to your success in all the steps. Best to your future. Ray.
chandan - misrac1

hello raymond dewri,md i desparately need one preparation guide for step1 as i am planning to take it in sept end kindly if you could help me i will remain greatful to you but hurry you can send private mails at misrac1 thank you bye for now.
Mohsen2001

for both steps i used this great course with lectures and assessments --try this one instead!!--I maxed with it (NOT THAT useless Kaplan!)? next session is starting 7-1-03 so hurry!
madmax - youwish

First you need a plan and second you need to stick with it.
Make realistic goals.The order I would follow goes like this:
1-ANATOMY(CELL BIOLOGY,histo,embryo,neuroanatomy and gross with emphasis on clinical landmarks and procedures)
2-PHYSIOLOGY(pathophysiology cardio, pulmonary, renal, endocrine and neuroscience )
3-PATHOLOGY(most common and crossover disorders, atlas for gross and microscopic pictures)
4-PHARMACOLOGY(top 10 drugs, mechanism of action, toxicities and side effects)
5-BIOCHEMISTRY(genetics, fed and starved states)
6-MICROBIOLOGY(gram pos. vs. gram negs , viruses)
7-BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES(graphs,legal and ethical,and what would you tell a patient in certain circumstances)
FOR BOOKS USE FIRSTAID AS A GUIDE .
madmax - youknowit

KUMAR I LISTED SPECIFIC BOOKS ON LOTTOSTUDY'S ITEM CHECK THEM OUT.

GOOD LUCK AND STUDY SMART AND HARD THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR A STRONG KNOWLEDGE BASE AND EXCELLENT TEST TAKING STRATERGIES.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »