Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've passed Step 3, high performance on CCS - bt
Hi my friends.
I have passed STEP3 (got result 2 hours ago), with high performance on CCS.
Do not want to bother anybody with my study strategy, but if someone is interested, I'm more than happy to share.
I would like to add, that I'm IMG, so it always more difficult for us...

Good luck to all of you who still is in the study process.
BT
Hi,

I have my exam next week! I am worried about the CCS and was wondering if you could share your strategy, Thanks!
congrats on passing!

i would be interested especially in how to prepare for CCS. i have basically 0 prep for CCS and want to know how to start preparing. thank you!!!
so for my CCS I have used few resources
1. www.ccscases.com. This is a MUST product prior to your exam. They have 101 exam style cases. They give you immediate feedback with excellent explanation of each case.
2. Galaxy Archer. I know there is a lot of controversy with this website, but I found it useful. I didn't attend life course, just bought pay per view option. Still there are many cases discussed (on my exam I had one case from here)
3. First Aid Step 3. They have 100 cases explained.

Most of the cases in all those 3 recourses are similar, at the same time each one has few that are not discussed in other two, so in total you will be able to practice over 100 cases.

I have done each so often until I got at least 90%.

Key to success is to practice, practice, practice.

Those are not medically difficult cases, pretty obvious after reading case introduction....they will not check your medical knowledge, more they will practice your...nerves.

If you are stressed (and you will be) you can mess even hypothyroidism up.

But lots of practice finally give you a confidence, that even stress will not eat you up.

I have full time job, and two kids, but was able to make...if I could do it, everyone can!!!
Good luck my friends and let me know, if there is anything else you want to know from me

Oh one more comment, software on real exam is slow...which you will find very frustrating, especially on 10minutes cases, it takes at least few seconds to upload orders and then result. 2 minutes screen is also slow
Congratulations on your high performance in CCS , totally agree with you for ccs cases .com and full review of archer cases, i felt the same . Archer review of 80 cases is very helpful .
Thank you victory2020.
2014grad

if you have 0 prep I would suggest to start from Archer, and then go to ccscases.com and first aid
Archer explains how software works, and basically where to click step by step....
mandalorian

Good luck!!!
BT

thank you! i passed! practice practice practice like you said.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »