Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances? -
Lhtw

I have 93 in step 1 and I am going to sit in exams for step 2 within september and for CSA within october. I have no USA medical experience. I have written an article about my research in an american journal. Do you think that i have chances for residency of 2003? Can I dream of prematch?
Jo

As an IMG, your chances are poor
doc

hi Lhtw,

I do not Know what lhtw it stands for but your chances are very good, DO NOT BELIEVE JO, believe in yourself to make your dreams come true,
Do step 2 well, and finish your csa, immidiately apply for programs after step 2, with 1 score and update your score, by then you will be done with csa. also SCORES matter a lot and definitely 93 is very good score.
even if not in pre match you will definitely match and who knows you may get into Surgery too if god wills

Do not lose hope, and pray hard , good luck

in free time call up places, or ask your family member to send emails asking for program Requirements and visa stuff and other things you want to know if you are busy preparing now for step 2

everything will turn out well,cheer up

Lhtw

thank u doc!!
I was disappointed but yr reply made me feel a lot better. Lhtw is a nickname..and is the name of an ancient greek god.
As a matter of fact i want to do internal medicine residency..and (ok i know i am crazy) i would love to be in a university based programme...What do you think on the comparison between a small university-based programme and a big community?
Do you know anything ( from inside)about the New England Medical Center in Boston ( Tufts)?
doc

hi greek god !
see on scutwork website you will get a good insight of the program, also see on the program website which residents are present and email them , this is the best way to know if you are desperate to join that particular program only.

hope you will remember me when you get into residency,i will be happy to help if you have any doubts
Lhtw

doc,
my email adress is hra76. If you dont mind give me yours..I think that yr advice will be very helpful for me during the application process. Hope to hear from u.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »