Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences between H1 and J1 visas -
Davide

Could someone please explain to me what the differences between H1 and J1 visas are?
For J1 visa, are we required to leave USA for 2 years after the completion of the residency programs or after 2 years since you first arrive in USA (regardless of whether you have completed the programs or not)?
Thanks!
tough to say

j1 - maximum 7 years. after you finish, you have to go back to your country for 2 years minimum

h1- maximum 6 years. you have to apply for another visa or green card status so that you can stay longer.

both are beginning to be difficult in obtaining after what happened in 9-11 and with the recession in the US and the oversupply of US doctors.
dr_kfc

i think speaking of numbers the united states still wants fmg's to fill the postions of residency otherwise it would stopped the ecfmg from giving certification to fmg's and u can refer to www.nrmp.org and click on residency section then go to the side bar and click on data table and u'll see urself that the number of fmg's matched is increasing year after year..and u'll find also the foreign nationals are more as a number and percentage in matching than the AMERICAN CITIZENS !!!!!! because america is realy a fair countery it realy judges ur qualifications regardless of anything else...what i realy see these days that the americans are getting jealous of foreingers cuz they take advantages on their land but the fact is many americans are below the standards now and butfor foreingers america wouldn't stay as it's....and don't worry about 2 years home requirement there is a good waiver for it and president bush kindly increased the number by the law to 1500 physicians besides there are numerous other programes that will sponsor u for that waiver..my advise is don't go through the hassles of h1b cuz u'll end up with same way nearly...besides u can consider marriage as an option u can look for sinles in any area and from ur same original countery and so get a green card and forget about j1 stuff...my best wishes to u all.......
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »