Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surgery ,is it possible ? -
img

with high 90s and 80s is it possible for surgery residency for img with greencard?
joewest

Definitly. Your scores are enough for surgery. Make sure you have US clinical experience, preferably in the places where you're considering applying (and where you'd have good chances). Get good LOR's. Letters from well known surgeons have more weight. Letters from anyone within the institution is usually also very helpful. Your greencard will help you more than anything else. Go for it.
img

hello joewest, thanks for your reply. as i am an img getting an american LOR is tough. i could try to get recommendation from an american physician but i don't know any american surgeons.....i wished i knew.......also if you could advice on how to get some clinical experience for a complete newcomer i would be grateful. as far as where i would like to do surgery well i would love to do it anywhere decent. please shed some light if u can.
joewest

Sign up for a rotation. Search the websites of diferent hospitals, specially the ones you're interested in, to find out whether they offer externships/observerships. Talk to foreign residents and see where they did their rotations.
Good luck
dokky

Hi Joewest.

I am considering OBGYN myself. I had 86 in step 1. WIll take CSA in mid Jan, and step II in early Feb.

Am I on course to make the match?

What are the chances for OBGYN?
I also have EAD.

Dokky
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »