(A) Meiosis II, primary spermatocyte

(B) Meiosis I, primary spermatocyte

© Meiosis II, secondary spermatocyte

(D) Meiosis I, secondary spermatocyte

(E) Meiosis II, spermatid
c??
http://www.maxanim.com/genetics/Spermato...enesis.htm
so B??
The answer is B. (Chaps. 65, 66) Spermatogenesis occurs in the seminiferous tubules
of the testes of the male from the time of sexual maturity onward throughout adulthood.
Spermatogonia are found at the periphery of the tubules. These spermatogonia are of
several cell types, ranging from a self-renewing stem cell to a more specialized cell that
is committed to sperm formation. The last stage of the developmental sequence is the
primary spermatocyte. This cell undergoes meiosis I: the primary spermatocyte divides to
form two secondary spermatocytes, each with 23 chromosomes. These cells rapidly undergo
meiosis II, forming two spermatids. The spermatids mature without further division
into spermatozoa and are released into the lumen of the tubule. The total time involved
for all stages of spermatogenesis from the beginning of meiosis I to the formation of a
mature sperm is approximately 64 days, and as many as 200 million sperm are produced
per ejaculate.
okk sao i am off... study time now....
please post the ans....
and thank u for v nice questions
thanks!!!
urw
C
I think segregation occurs when centromers split which occurs during meiosis II to form the final haploid cells:23n.I wel come corrections
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »