Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mentioning kids + spouse is good thing during IV? - blackwhite
i have 3 kids 10, 7 and 2 months. if i talk about my family, will they think i will be too busy to take care my family instead of my residency?
If you talk too much about family, they may suspect that you cant take care of family, what willl you manage residency with family??
most prob they wont ask you personal questions. If they do, jsut say the truth and confidently say that so far you have managed both professional and personal life quite well and I see no reason my personal life intefering with my performance in professional sphere.
then i should avoid talking about my family. if they dont ask, i never tell them. if they ask, i just tell them "yes, i have a family, i love my kids!" that is all.
You could talk about kids with other residents who have kids especially to gauge how the location of the program is with respect to schools etc.. It probably is not a good idea to do ask the same of the faculty.. The residents who have kids are usaully are candid and helpful regarding this subject
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »