Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q on DM - pongly
What will be beneficial for a diabetic patient
----a decrease in carbohydrate intake
----a decrease in calorie intake
----- a decrease in fat diet
a decrease in protein intake
a dec in fat diet . usually inc in fat cause an inhbition to the insuline realse and therfore we get insuline resistnce and diabetes in overweight pts .
a dec in fat diet . usually inc in fat cause an inhbition to the insuline realse and therfore we get insuline resistnce and diabetes in overweight pts .
Hhhmm syrjeb it seems you have to realise that its basically all about calories, it doesnt matter if you take in lots of carbohydrates, what ever the body cant use will be stored basically as fat. so i think calories really count. Thats why diabetics are encourage to excercise.
Hhhmm syrjeb it seems you have to realise that its basically all about calories, it doesnt matter if you take in lots of carbohydrates, what ever the body cant use will be stored basically as fat. so i think calories really count. Thats why diabetics are encourage to excercise.
hi mengo , u are right but i read in usmleworld that there is a direct linke b/w the insuline realse and free fatty acid . so i am assuming if we are talking about diabetic they already have problem in the insuline release and therfore it will increase with increase in fatty acide. and i do know that inc in calorie eventually will be stored as fat so we need to be carefull what we are asked on the exame .
hi mengo , u are right but i read in usmleworld that there is a direct linke b/w the insuline realse and free fatty acid . so i am assuming if we are talking about diabetic they already have problem in the insuline release and therfore it will increase with increase in fatty acide. and i do know that inc in calorie eventually will be stored as fat so we need to be carefull what we are asked on the exame .
a decrease in carbohydrate intake................ wich reduce callories intake and reduces body fat production
a decrease in carbohydrate intake................ wich reduce callories intake and reduces body fat production
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »