Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I failed usmle step 1 10x, what are my chances for -
Lost again

I failed usmle step one 10x. I didn't really study until this past year. I thought I passed this time around, but I didn't again. My question is that should I take it again one last time and if I did, what are my chances of getting into any residency? I haven't taken step 2 because of wanting to succeed in step one.

Anyone out there who's in the same boat as I am, please help me. Thank you.
MD, PhD - i_stare@titanic.com

Your boat would have good chances to finally sink in a private residency of the psychiatry program.
inder - sethi_30

sorry to hear about it..i myself failed the first time and will try again soon..but this is my last try..i rather try something different than keep repeating failures..become a nurse or a teacher
Imadeit!!!

I passed step 1 on 3rd attempt, passed step 2 on first attempt, and passed step 3 on 4th attempt. I am a graduate of a U.S. medical school in the Northeast, and believe me, you can get into a residency program. Keep trying!
ramon - ramonf@mfire.com

I have also failed step 1 for 7 times, believeme is depressing, I've already passed step 2 and I will keep trying, now the person who wrote to you saying that you should do something else like nursing or teaching he is right but this things aren't as easy as they seem, mostly when you have a family that depends on you.
Please don't give up.
ivy

i am sorry to hear that, it must be hard on you, keep trying and don't give up hope, if it's what you truly want to do in life, then don't let anyone tell you otherwise! i wish you luck... ivy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »