Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
easy - saonew
Sao pls check your answer...
the first to bind insulin receptor is PI3K
I got really confused with insulin pathway.

Per Dr Goljan, Insulin leads to dephosphlyration while glucagon leads to phosphyrlation and increases of cAMP.

Thus how could insulin activate kinase and increase IP3. DAG here?

somebody please explain
ulise to be honnest, i posted this one, not because it is easy as titled but it is confusing:

signal transduction pathway that leads to increases in the diacylglycerol and inositoltrisphosphate second messengers: answer is phospholipase C

but the actuel stem is:

In the insulin signal transduction pathway that leads to increases in the diacylglycerol and inositoltrisphosphate second messengers, What is the first signal transducer protein that binds to the IRS

The given answer is still C)

I agree with you activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI-3 kinase) in adipose and muscle tissues to increase GLUT-4 in the membrane.(kaplan note book biochemistry)

Phospholipase C is the enzyme used in PIP2 pathway instead of insulin

What do you say?
sao u are right...refer kaplan pharma...pg26..it says...it involves Gq coupled proteins....which leads to activation of phospholipase c leading to release of I3P DAG from membrane phospholipid PIP2.This released I3P promotes release of Ca from SR,WHICH TOGETHER WITH DAG activates Protein kinase c.This protein kinase then phosphorylates to perform various functions
Guys PLC is involved in IP3 and DAG pathway...no doubt about it
the stem of the Q asks about 1st molecule that takes contact with the insulin receptor and that is PI3K
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »