Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vaccine - apm
when do we start influenza vaccine after 55 or 65?uw is confusing the heck out of me.
anybody please?
it is anywhere from 55 to 65 (most sources) so give with 55 according to CDC Guidelines
no ben, cdc told >50 yrs, and that what cmdt said
yea uw says 55 in one quest and 65 in other quest.
so what to do if there is both choices in same question?
ben, from CMDT, i gave this info to u before also

Influenza vaccination is recommended yearly. Those at greatest risk for severe complications of influenza should have priority in vaccination programs:
(1) Adults and children with chronic cardiopulmonary disease, including asthmatics.
(2) Residents, health care workers, and employees of long-term care facilities.
(3) Healthy adults 50 years of age or older.
(4) Adults and children who have required either regular medical follow-up or hospitalization in the last year for chronic metabolic disorders (including diabetes) or renal disease, those with hemoglobinopathies, and those receiving immunosuppressive drugs.
(5) Children and teenagers (age 6 months to 18 years) who are on long-term aspirin therapy and would be at increased risk for developing Reye's syndrome following influenza.
(6) Women who will become pregnant during the influenza season.
(7) Persons who are likely to transmit influenza to persons of high risk as defined above, such as in-home or out-of-home caregivers or household and close contacts of persons at high risk.

I appologize apm yes it is > 50 not 55 just checked my notes in kaplan 05-05 edition
thank you ben
55 in UW...lol everything is changing
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »