Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Score updated! Passsssssssed!!!! - dralex
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO...finally........Goodby USMLE!!!! I got my score updated today, called my prgram and they told me that i passed. I'm soooo glad right now!
here is my exam experience....

I think that Q were tough but deffinetely doable....I think that all you need is UW....Real Exam questions were somwhat similar to waht UW offeres...maybe a bit easier (but not much, though). Another thing that i realized is that the Q that they send you on CD have same difficulty level as on real exam. I remeber for Step 2 Ck when i did those Q 1 day before my exam - it was like walking in the park. They were sooo easy, that thet falsy calmed me down...and on te exam day i was quite surprised. In case of Step 3 imo they were very similar.

Here is what i stydied:

USMLE Step 2 CK lecture notes that i had from step 2 with tons of my own notes...so i've read through those.
UW - i think is perfect tool to learn and get prepared for the test. Do them with timing....so you are putting yourself in exam-like condition. My average score was 53 on UW. It would've been higher, but on my last two weeks before my exam i got seek, and i scored low 40 3 times in a raw!!!!!!!
The only problem was the CCS....well to be honest i did those 5 cases on the CD may be 5 times each....plus i've read few cases on UW..Had really bad time using ESMLE software with those UW cases. But since i did CD cases several times i was familiar with the software, and i was comfortable with it. Then I've tried usmle123 cases with some kind of software...which was way off comparing to real CD (or exam). I didn't like it at all!!!! First of all the program wold not recognize tooooo many words and drugs....was really frustrating tring to find another word to express what do you want to order sonce the program would tell that it doesn't recognize it....plus the way their software is designed - they sort of tell you what was supposed to be done once you comlleted your orders...which was confussing to me. But maybe i just didn't spent enough time practicing it....so anyway....i'd say its CCS that causes all the problems on the exam. I was feeling pretty well (more or less) after the first day and first half of the 2 day.....but once CCS strated i was a mass.....i think that i scrued at least 4 maybe 5 cases....so my best advse would be - PRACTICE CCS CASES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE....READ ALL OF THEM THAT YOU CAN UT YOUR HANDS ON!!!!

AND YOU'LL DO FINE!
Congrats dude!

alex
I also took exam on 15th and 16th of MARCH, i DID mcq's Ok but I did CCS not that well particularly I couldnt diagnose 2 patients , one of which was simple hYPOTHYROIDISM. i AM SCARED , DO U THINK WITH YOUR CCS EXPERIENCE i WILL PASS!!!!!!!
Please ,I wish to ask ,I had 9cases , 8 cases ended before the time ,The 9 cases was a bit confusing , a 65 yrs old with COPD, with weight loss,but when i did FOBT in the office ,it was positive,I brought the patient back did colonoscopy and sent him home, result came out negetive,and i started ran out of time,I decided to admit, did EGD ,but at this stage ,i was not sure if it was bronchogenic CA or upper GI bleeding ,but before the 5mins the endoscopy result was positive for gastric Duodenal Ulcer,but could get the result of biopsy
Now ,i am not sure ,if my cases ended because ,i was doing the wrong thing or was is because my management were alright.though most of the surgical cases ,after surgical consult,surgery accepted and case ended
I didn' do great at all on my CCS. In fact it was horrible yet i manged to pass with God's help! After all, you shouldn't forget, that CCS are only 25 % (?) off your your total score, so if you guys did well on the Q part, then i thik you should be fine.
dont you need to pass on the MCQs and the CCSs individually to pass the exam......
HELP my score was updated today too............but how could I know if i passed or fail???? does it has something to do with the permit??? or i have to wait to actually receive the score by mail? sorry for this dumb question but i need to know
thanks
thank u, Dralex. if u had to study for it again, will u use usmle123 for ccs, or just read cases and practice w the sofware in Cd?
Big Congrats !!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »