Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neuro - khox
A 43-year-old male is recovering from an infectious disease and experiences a marked instability in his blood pressure with episodes of spiking of blood pressure. After a series of extensive examinations, it was concluded that this disorder was due to the effects of the infectious agent upon a component of the peripheral nervous system. Logical sites where an infectious agent could produce such an effect include which of the following
A.
Superior ganglia of cranial nerves IX and X
B.
Geniculate and trigeminal ganglia
C.
Otic and superior salivatory ganglia
D.
Carotid sinus and aortic arch
E.
Carotid and aortic bodies

ans???
it is DD..i posted the q few hours ago ;;-)))
well this is the ans...

The answer is: D

Specialized peripheral receptors, which specifically respond to changes in blood pressure, include the carotid sinus (associated with cranial nerve IX) and the aortic arch (associated with cranial nerve X). If these receptors (or the cell bodies associated with these receptors) are damaged, then one of the fundamental regulatory mechanisms for the control of blood pressure would be disrupted. The results of such a disruption would likely lead to increases and instability in blood pressure with evidence of spiking of blood pressure. Because these sensory receptors in these structures respond to increases in blood pressure, they are, in effect, stretch receptors and are consequently referred to as baroreceptors. The principal projection of the axons associated with these baroreceptors is the solitary nucleus of the medulla, which in turn, projects to autonomic nuclei such as the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus nerve, ventrolateral medulla, and higher regions associated with autonomic functions, which include the PAG, hypothalamus, and limbic system.
so our senses tally...i couldnt solve that today....
so howre u doin buddy???
im fine thx still trying to survive this neurology thingi
me too just check that post i wrote for ant comm ves....dolly.

anything to add???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »