Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to any serious colleagues trying for 2005 match! -
chang

hey guys stop this petty thing you people have going we seriously should not dignify these characters with replying to them.
is anybody doing thier registering at ERAS too???
how are u guys researching the programs .i mean how are u guys finding out which ones to apply and deadlines and stuff?
docespy - docespy

The deadline as per eras is DEC.1st, you can register as soon as you have passed step 1 and the other steps can be pending. I don't know your particular situation, but the process varies depending if your eligible to work in the US or not. The number of attempts, you know if you're competitive for the match, why register in the match if you're not even going to be ranked(multiple attempts and not so hot scores)
however, you must be registered with eras to be considered.
Folks with visa issues must try the match, otherwise postmatch is where its at.
Hope this helps in some way.
chang

docespy: hi , i have clesared step 1-248/99, am taking step2CK in sptember and CS registered for december first week and am already registered with ERAS.
I WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE VARIOUS PROGRAM DEADLINES, PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS, PROS AND CONS ETC. so i could pick which programs to apply for
Rakhal

Go to FRIEDA. Call em' up/write them one by one. I did that for peds - got lots of responses. Don't buy lists. It takes time to do it through FRIEDA but at least you know that the info is correct when you do it by yourself!
Good luck.
chang

thanks rakhal !!!!!!
but i am a bit pressed over time as am also preparing for the step2ck?!!!!!!
docespy - docespy

GET THE GREENBOOK and contact the programs you're interested in, or is it the purplebook?
The registry of ACGME accredited programs, by the way
CONGRATS on that awesome score!
Rakhal

I know - even I'm pressed for time.
*sigh*

Dorcepsy what do you mean by
"not even going to be ranked(multiple attempts and not so hot scores)"
I am confused. do u mean that if u tried several times u should not consider Eras?
docespy - docespy

not eras the match they're two different things, without eras
you have almost no chance of getting in.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »