Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for rehellohie - vikasi
hey...i was looking at xrays and couldnt really tell the difference between necrotizing enterocolitis and meconium ileus....
could you tell me what exactly to look for?
a bit confused....
necrotizing enterocolitis ---> air in bowel (Penumatosis intestinalis)
if meconium ileus ruptures only then we can find air in the peritoneum on abd xrays.

in necrotizing entero... air in the wall of the bowel.(pnematosis intestinalis.) on abd xray.

hi vikasi
could u plz send the x-rays link.. i am looking for that....

my id cookeysays..

thanks...
vinu14,
what i usually do is do a search of each xray on 'google images'
they have tons and tons of xrays and stuff....
i make sure i look at more than one.....

here is one intersting site for x rays:

http://radiographics.rsnajnls.org/cgi/co.../22/6/1369
http://www.learningradiology.com/

this one is more so for a beginner like me.
genius123 thanks a lot. i liked those links. and unaware of it . thanks.
To be a good radiologist you have to be a good clinitian.
Radiologic images just show the phisiopatologic events in the diseas, this combined with some sort of "imagination" can help you see the signs

For example in necrotizant enterocolitis:
1. there will be distention of the bowel, so you will see big black bubbles all aroun if colon is distended, if small bowell is distended you will see the air ( black) like little piles of coins one of top of the other.

2. Wehn the intestine start with the necrosis...air can go thru the diferent layers of the wall of the bowel, so you will see the border of the bowel ( usually white) with some dark lines ( air inside)
3. Later the bowel can perforate and you will se the air under diaphragm, usually above liver becouse the other side the stomach can show a black shadow( air) that make us difficult to see the air under left diaphragm.
4. More complicated cases you can have air y the portal system....How is that? you will see black linear shadows overlapping the white shadow of liver.
elba thanks a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »