Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what one can do?? - freud
I am just studying differnet options,I know my chances for 2009 match are weak so I am looking at other opportunities...what one can work as in the usa with a psychiatric residency and 4 year experience in my home country,passed step 1 and step 2 ck??
if u r looking for psychiatry residency in US in the future, you can finish LVN school and apply for psychiatry position as LVN and get USCE as well. Average school takes 12-18 months. But,again, you will have to take nursing exam to get license for your state. Otherwise try to find clinical assistant position, MA, if get lucky even RN position in private practice office.
Thanx a million for ur reply...but what r LVN,MA and RN not familiar with those Ebrvt?do we need to get certifed to do those??
MA-medical assistant, LVN-licensed vocational nurse,RN-registered nurse. The difference between LVN and RN is some institutions do not let LVN perform injections.Only RN can do it. Depends on where one is working.If you apply at the hospital, you will need license.If will get a job at private office,it is a chance that MD will hire you for MA position without license.
thank a million...GL
LVNs work under the supervision of RNs. they have a limited scope of practice. most of the time, they can't do IV administration, unless they are IV-certified. a lot of facilities now only utilize LVNs in the clinic, nursing homes and the like but not in acute care inpatient setting especially if it's a specialty unit. both have to have registration and license to practice from their respective boards.
Hello Freud

If you are near New Jersey-- apply with your CV to

biosearch2008

I think we can help a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »