Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have a question, no1 can help - drminga
isnt it sad?
what is your question my dear
dear pompe,

i have a very close friend who resigned from a residency program due to some family reason and somewhat harsh learning environment. he is totally innocent (absolutely not behavioral problem on his part). he is a really really nice guy. he is applying for a PGY1 again. his previous PD will provide him a LOR (he said he will help as much as possible) although my friend wont see his LOR. he waivered the right to see.

my firend asked me several times, what to say if programs ask him why he left the program? i dont know. i just wonder if you have any idea, how to deal with this situation. if you were the PD, what do you want to hear? my friend is very depressed right now. thanks for help if you can.
better to make family reason if possible someone sick in home country or tell he ddnot like that speciality.donot use pds lor
thanks newlook, those are good suggestions

regarding his previous PD's letter, the PD told him he will write a letter on his behalf. my friend did not have much issue with PD, but had some issues with one of the faculty physician. what do you think?
will most programs ask for a LOR from previous PD if you left that program for some reason? isnt it true?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »