Hi eceryone. I am new to this forum.

Please provide your opnion to me.
Step 1 - Passed with 75/184 on 2nd attempt
Step 2ck - attempting for 3rd time in Oct 2008
Step 2cs - passed on 1st attempt
2001 graduate from foreign school
2007 - MPH
2007 - 1 month observership

I have worked 3 years as a clinical research coordinator at a university medical center. Currently working as a CRA. I have had to work full-time since graduating, so preparing for the boards was always a nightmare for me. My biggest stupidity has been sitting for the exam just because my permit was expiring, although I was not ready. Can someone offer me some guidence on preparing well for 2ck this time around. I am using Kaplan Notes and UW. How about first aid and crush step 2. Please advise. Thanks.

Please respond. All opnions will be respected.
_ Don't be upset and give up.

One of my friend graduated from Ross university, Carribean outside USA also. passed step1 with 75%, step2 with 82% second attemp. now residency in NY. He does not have experiences working any job in USA like you.

I think, you have a lot of opportunisties to be qualified for residency program as you have MPH degree, observership and plus so many experiences that relate to medical field.

Good Luck,
thanks for the motivation.
you experience and your clinical reserach will take you to residency...just dont woryyyy
Hi sleepy1978,

Do not ever give up! Keep going - you are nearly there! Sometimes when things don't go exactly as planned, people tend to lose hope. But remember that the Lord is watching over you, and He can give you opportunities that you never thought were possible. He can defy all odds! Do not be discouraged because the scores are not the only things that matter.

For your preparation, have you looked to see what your weak areas are (from assessments that you have taken)? For my preparation:
1. I used only Kaplan notes and UW. I read through the books twice (making sure I could remember points about the diseases) and

2. I also did UW once. I reviewed the UW answers and took notes on most of the questions. For the areas that I was weak, I retook questions from UW for those areas.

3. The other thing which you might find helpful is taking simulated exams at home. I took 7-8 exams from the Kaplan Qbook and sat under simulated exam conditions. I rehearsed this 3 times. This will build your stamina and concentration.

4. Finally, only do the test when you think you are ready. When you feel this, take an NBME exam and see how you do. This will tell you whether you can go ahead with the exam (give an extra 1-2 weeks to cover weaker areas) or need more time.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck.
crush boards by Bhushan I found useless: that was poorly organized, gave random information
FA was good only because I made a lot of notes there. if you've never read that during ur preparation I don't think it will be useful. it is not good because information is not organized well:no emphasis on steps of management. In FA authors remind drugs, but not all of them and don't give u the information about first vs second line treatments, side effects et.s.

I think the best way to prepare is to do as many q's as possible
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »