Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interviews in January ? - insanity
Guys, how realistic is it to expect interview invites, even if your application is on hold ? I need some advice. Help :-)
if your application is on hold call them because I called one program they told me that hold applicants are after waiting list candidates.
So call them.
Good Luck
Anything is possible, even though possibility is extremely low.

Honestly, it is soo difficult to reach the PC/PD especially at the programs where they say my application is on hold. I in fact doubt that too. Thanks hopefor for your kind suggestion. Is calling once enough ? I don't want to over-do it either :-(
If you are on hold, you will get the interview whenevr they will get any cancellation of prematch offered or interviews. But again they will go by the rank, so you will get if you reach that rank/ preference in their ON HOLD list. No meaning in calling...u will get the same answer .....still reviewing !!!!!
That is true !! I am actually so tired of the same answer :-D Also, which hospitals are most likely to have cancellations - University / community ??
in my opinion , the programs who are offering the prematches will get the most cancellations because the program who do not offer prematch will continue to interview till end and they are already filled with their slots available. But again they have option of SCRAMBLE when they will prefer those applicants whom they already interviewed but did not rank hig or ON HOLD applicants. For fresher , very less chances........but LUCK can turn everything up side down
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »