Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
etsu Internal med - maddoc
guys ant responce from them so far??
i ived in december.
its all over man..all prematches done (spoke to someone in the program)..about 8 slots left for match..program weighs heavily on contacts..u ll get thru if u know someone or if u from a specific region of india..I interviewd with candidates who i felt were below par, but they all were somebodys friend , husband or wife in the program or from some specific region of india as I mentioned...I m sure they all got offered prematches
to the p.d---We take a lot of trouble to getting to a tiny place u run ur program in...if u had already decided who u goin to prematch and match even before the interviews, plz dont waste our time and resources which cud be better spent elsewhere where we will be judged on merit.. I dont mind getting rejected if there are lacunae in my application, but atleast dont take a guy who is 10 years older to me, can barely speak english and have a worse profile than me just because he knows someone in the program..
good luck to everyone in the match
yup this is true that they are going to take ppl who has contacts
pd himself showed me all the names he has offered prematch..
all were by contacts he told me that he is family guy and he wants the spouses to be in the program.he has filled up 11 seats in prematch..and some ppl his boss ordered him to take in the program...even though they have low profile then ours...Sad thats sad part...
rest all seats will go for match..
they may reduce 21 categorical seats to 19 max
atleast 8 to 10 seats will go for match
i knw a guy who matched there in match...
about specific region from india--you may mean of gujarat...bt thats not trure...the chief resident there he is from northern india...even i had the same feeling before
bt yes they do prefer gujaratis and arabics...
many resident there are chinese, lebanese,

hey panipuri,
how can the pd show you the names of guys he had offered prematches to.I mean its unethical.Till last year only 5 seats heve gone to the match,so has it changed this yr?

Taxiolve,
who did you speak to man??
I dont think they have been offering anything after early november??

its nt unethical...
he just wantd to tell me that he has taken ppl in his contacts by prematches..i had a glimpse of it thats it..he didnt gimme a printed copy..no one will ever do that...they are more experienced ppl than we are...
yes till last year only 5 seats went for match
bt the pd has changed frm last october 2008.
new pd wants more seats in match..and wl probably increase still more seats for next match...
hope this helps..
i loved about the pd that he is honest guy..
many prog does the same thing but no one reveals it...
i simply loved the program..
panpuri
when did u IV there?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »