Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTN Counseling in BP refill case - docfinish2008
is this sufficient---
- Well, Mr. /Ms .. , being your physician it is my responsibility to tell you that you must take your medicines regularly. I'll also advise you to take fat free diet and do regular exercise. Is it ok Mr. /Ms
too rude.

To better control your blood pressure, you need to take medications regularly. If you need refill your drugs, contact me any time and I will do my best to help you.
I wouldn't mention medications. It's the first time you see the patient, so you won't be sure if he's really hypertensive (remember, we need 3 elevated values in 3 different occasions). If the patient is already well stablished HTN, just say that if the BP is high in the next visit, even after losing weight, reducing the salt ingestion, exercising, avoiding alcohol, etc, then, maybe you'll have to increase or change the meds (or introduce one, in the first case). Always ask if the pt is taking the meds regularly.
If pt comes for BP drugs refill,then how you say i have refilled your drugs?????really confused ....
What you talking about? dont understand.....
Say you'll tell your nurse to bring you the refill prescription later.
Drug refill case is very interesting. first of all, i would like to be clear it is an encounter case or it is only a counseling you are going to do during the encounter. i totally agree docfinish2008 on the conuseling part, such as giving pt suggestion about following a special diet, stopping smoking, cutting down drinking, exercising regularly...
if it is an drug refill case, we have to asses pt's conditions and new onset symptoms, ask about treatment compliance, look for complications of medications to see if drug changes are needed, and do counseling as well.
agree with doc2008 & tylenol
but must add thet: even if it's only for counselling I'll ask when was the pt first diagnosed HTN and compliance and eventuals S/E of current medic. Mrs, Mr... before continuing following up with your BP med, I need to ask you a ccouple of questions (when were you HTN 1s dg, are you taking your drugs in a regular basis, anything you have been experiencing since the beginning of your BP treatement )
- if old HTN, will look at today BP and based my counselling on compliance, lifestyles modif,exercise as needed and say I'll talk with his Iary doc to either increase dose, change or add a new one
also check about target HTN organs (eye,heart,vessels,kidney
-if new onset HTN, will do as doc2008
Does Iary mean primary yvyhope?
yep
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »