Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is my lawyer trying to scam me??!! - salsa12
Im a Canadian Citizen and will be going to the US (NJ) on an H1B visa. My lawyer is telling me that he is only going to file for it for 1 year because my contract is only for one year and that I will have to do the process again next year, but this time I will not have to pay the premium processing fee. My program told my lawyer that they have had residents apply for the full 3 years. Does anybody have any idea if this is true? Can I only apply for one year or can I apply for the full 3 years? If I want to renew my visa, do I have to do the process over again? Thanks for your help!
i think u can file for 3 yrs.........................., actually ur program will do this for u.................i got for 3 yrs
you have to talk with the program director because If the contract is for one year your USCIS aproval notice will be for only a year, but If the contract said is for 3 your visa wil be for 3.
my initial J1 was for 5 years. i would switch to another lawyer because this guy will always try to screw you. you don't need additional evidence.

some colleagues in this forum suggested lawyers within the last 2 weeks or so. just check all subforums.
My husband got into a categorical program which is for 3 years. However the contract is for one year and renewable yearly. The lawyer filed and got a H1 for 3 years
thanks for your replies! I dont know if i can get a new lawyer because I have already paid him. He didnt even tell me that he was filing for only one year, it was my program that notified me what he's doing. Thanks again for your help
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »