Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q BOOK ...Is it high yeild? -
kk

Hello Guys,
I have a very short time till I take the exam (25 June). I have not done any questions as yet...not even the ones in the Kaplan review books. I have taken the Kaplan centerprep.
I was wondering if it is worth to do the Q BOOK questions or directly start with NBME and Q bank. Any replies will be greately appreciated!...Thanks!
bizzy

try to schedule a way to get through them all if you can. You still have 25 days left and it can be done in that time. Understand all the concepts from the Kaplan course and do as many questions as you can. Also if you find time running out and you spend too much time going over incorrect answers, then try only reviewing your wrong answers in your weakest subjects. The reason is simple. Answers you get correct, you will probably always get correct so spend less time reviewing those. Answers you got wrong happened for a reason and you must spend 5-10 min investigating why that is so. By doing this, you can cut down on your reviewing time by up to 40% which leaves more time for questions. Do the math yourself if you dont believe me. Calculate reviewing each question 5 min for 100 questions. Then calculate if you spend 7 min on the stuff you got wrong and glance at the stuff you got right. See the diff.

Its all about effective study and time management. And spend a little time now reading the beginning of Qbook, where they explain the exam and test taking strategies. It sounds silly but its worth it.
amruta

i agree the begining of the q book gives some good test taking strategies....I'm sure a lot of people don't even bother to read it.
kk

Thank you very much bizzy and Amruta!
JRY

That depends on how fast you study, Im very slow and didnt have time to do any qbook questions, did only 60% of qbank and the simulated test, got my score last week: 97. Good Luck!!!
docespy - docespy

JRY,
YOU ROCK !!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »