• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent! What does this mean? - niceday
I got a mail today from ERAS like this-

To Applicants of the Preliminary Program:
In March 2009, the NRMP determined that the Preliminary Program in Medicine's
interview of an applicant was a violation of its Match Agreement. We have
appealed this determination and arbitration of the dispute has been scheduled
for November 2009. The sanction imposed by the NRPM is to have the
preliminary program listed as a "match violator" for one year on its website.
We hope the arbitration results in removal of that designation. However, we
want to assure you that the Preliminary program is in no danger of losing
accreditation or being removed from the match.

I applied to both preliminary and categorical. Worried whether I have violated the Law Sad
Can anyone explain me what does this imply?

Wow, this is a first, was a cat my first 3 years! I think your fine, no one could hold you responsible for applying, at least i don't think. Just my thoughts,, would love to here from others!
Wow, this is a first, was a cat my first 3 years! I think your fine, no one could hold you responsible for applying, at least i don't think. Just my thoughts,, would love to here from others!
Suasponte, I dont understand.. what you mean by.."this is a first, was a cat my first 3 years!"
can anyone explain please..
have u taken CSA , it seams u have violate something , and don't listen to that suaspionate , what they have said that suspend u for a year for a violation which occured , i think is better for u to call them , better than just listen to this and that.
contact this nr will help u, You may call the ERAS HelpDesk Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM Eastern Time at 202-862-6264.

Niceday, YOU have not violated anything. they are only warning u that the program which u applied for prelim medicine could be banned from the match for one year(if the hearing in November fails). that means that the program is still free to take in candidates outside of the match even if the hearing goes against them. this does not affect the accreditation of the program in any way. relax!
I got this message from ERAS too
I googled the 'from' address. Its from virginia univ.
happytears - did you get it from the same univ? I mean, if you go to new messages in your eras, you can find the email id of the sender. Can you confirm it for me?
vkp78 - thanks a lot. I was so afraid whether i did anything wrong..
However, i think not everyone got this message.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »