Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECFMG certifiCation 1997 - mujahid
I have ECFMG certifiation issued in 1997 (PASSED USMLE STEP 1&2,NO CSA EXAM THAT TIME). I did not applied for any mach sofar..Is there any time period (7years) for expiration of ECFMG certificate before i join residency programme?.Do i have repeat all exams again to get a fresh ECFMG certificaton or my existing certificate is good enough to apply for programmes with STEP 2 CS
I am planning for 2010 match.
Any suggestions or helpful information offered is well appreciated.
your best bet would be to call ecfmg. but i think you'll have to re-appear for your exams again and become re-certified since there is a limit of 7yrs.
once you are certified by ecfmg you are certified. Your problem is with the state medical board.
@mykawaiigirl:whatkind of problem is with the state medical board?
Why didn't you apply for 13 years? You had any problem in a problem and quit? Are you in US?
Mujahid,

You may only need step 2 CS. As you cannot take step 3 without that. Programs may ask you for Step 2 CS. & yr rule is for the State medical licence. You can retake step 1 and 2 during resideny
Hi Mujahid,
I also passed usmle and got ecfmg certificate in 1997 with score 78, 75 and could not get residency. Now I US resident and living in San diego. I need your advice. Should I gave up and do some alternative career?

I need your contact.

I need your advice.

Ria
Hi Mujahid,
I also passed usmle and got ecfmg certificate in 1997 with score 78, 75 and could not get residency. Now I US resident and living in San diego. I need your advice. Should I gave up and do some alternative career?

I need your advice. Please email me at raju1179

Ria
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »