Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership-Externship dilema - kukusha08
Guys, I am doing a clinical experience kind of thing. I do rounds with hospitalists, examine patients and ask questions with them or after rounds when they want me check something for them. But I go only 2-3 days a week when I am off. I can do it as long as I want up to a year or so. When I start I asked them to give me some US experience and LOR. Can any one tell me if this can be documented as externsip or observership? Is there a special form/dpcument to file it to ERAS or is it a plain letter? You can also e-mail me at authentic09 if you want.
Thannk you for taking time to clarify.
Kuku
Congratulations for having gotten an opportunity like this. It is not an observership, for in observership you only OBSERVE AND DO NOTHING. It is more of an externship. There is no special form to be filled. It is a normal plain paper report that indicates that you have waived or not waived your right to read the recommendation, the description of what you did, how long you worked with them, their general impression about you and your attitude to work. This recommendation must be written with a letter headed paper of the hospital or the institution. I hope this helped.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »