Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed - step3_ct
Thank you to this forum for all of the support and prayers. I have passed the exam. I got 80 and I just wanted to pass, so Thanks to Allah that I could save my residency. I have studied different thing but at the end I summarized everything. I just wanted to prepare myself as if its a real situation (not for all q's) but the most common ones that come over and over again so I can pass. Definitely you need to know (and memorize) more to get above 90 score. well I have studied,
1. Kaplan step 2 books for med, ped, surg, ob/gyn ( no too detail but the case scenario, mgment and guidelines, if possible memorize exact situation and exact answer, beleive me exam is not that bad)
2. Kaplan Q book was good.

3. Did Kaplan Qbank, didn't like it much but when I compared my notes from USW and KQ bank, both covered the same (and beleive me exactly same) materials or high yeild stuff. USW is hard and a good learning tool. K qbank is so so (not easy, but standard not good)

3. Swanson for geriatrics, good

4. Combined Crush step 3 and First Aid step 2. Lot of Qcame exactly from these two and specially you have to remember all the alternative tt for a given situation, all the probable underlying disease if any for a given dz, all the probable prognosis and grave sign of any acut or chronic dz.
5. CCS USW and practised on passfirst cases.

I felt comfortable whi;e giving the exam and preeparing for it, as I didn't expect a lot, but the exam is really vague. So how well you sleep and can concentrate the whole 2 days play a very important role.

wish you Good luck to all who are trying and take care.
Ty for your post. Did you get a lot of Ethics questions? Did you read anything specific for Ethics?
GL to you
thanks buddy. so do u think that crush step 3 with fa step 2 + q bank and UW cases could fly u thru this exam.............
and add q book from kaplan. what do u say.
To kk
I didn't read a lot of ethics and didn't get a lot of ethics Q but advance directive thins come a lot even in those match Q's 3 q with one scenario. I just rememberred the 10+10 rules of Kaplan on decission making. But I got lot of q's related to paper s, like given bla bla data what would you suggest the pt. I don't know how to prepare for that, I guess we have to know how to interprete a paper.

to miracle,

That worked for me to pass with 80.might not work for others. But definitely those are the common books that people are reading and according to ther capability getting from 75-99.
Where do I find the 10+10 rules in Kaplan? Are you referring to the "legal and Ethical" rules?
Yes, you are right
How did you do in USMLE-W? Do you think it can reflect your performance in the exams?
I did 50% but had a chance to reviewed twice and learn more with this excellent program, also attended premier review and Kaplan cd's and notes for step 3. my exam was last week and honestly I do not know how will score since that guessed at least 20% MCQs, some questions I guess between 2 others among 5 answers.
Hi to all!

to finkelmeister and step3_ct:

Congratulations with your pass!

Can you tell how did you sleep the night before the first day and night between these two days? Did you do anything to fall asleep?
This is a big issue for me, I could not sleep at all the night before my step2 and step1. And in the morning I felt myself not so refreashed as I should be.

Any advice.

Thanks!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »