Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STEP3 application advise-please answer - barczech
Hi, I would like to sit for Step 3 within next couple of months, before the 2007 match, and to be able to ask for h1b visas. I am a little bit confused about the application process:
(i) which state to choose (CT, CA, FL??)
(ii) may I sit for the Step 3 in any state (for instance in Minnesota) then or just in the state which I've chosen?
(iii) Can I then start the residency in any state?

Your answer is highly appreciated.
1. Does not matter
2. I am not sre, but I think yu should take the test in the state you chose on your application. But again, this is just IMHO.
3. Yes you can, assuming you satisfy all the requirements imposed by this state (CA letter for example, etc.)
Hi barczech;
This is the info I got from the FSMB site.
You can take the Step 3 in the following states if you have no postgraduate (US) experience - so I guess this applies to you
1) Arkansas
2) California
3) Connecticut (this is what most FMGs use)
4) Delaware
5) Florida
6) Louisiana
7) Maryland
8) Nebraska
9) Nevada
10) New York (but requires licensing application with fee - don't use NY)
11) South Dakota
12) Utah (with unlimited ECFMG certificate (?) )
13) Texas
14) Virginia
15) West Virginia

Once your application is approved, they send you the orange scheduling certificate and you can schedule the exam at any Thompson/Prometric center in any state.

Being eligible to start a residency is based on what they require for temporary licensure for that state. California is the worst (California letter).

Good luck!
Hi emm and anatolyk, thank you so much!!! This is a great info. Good luck to all!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »