Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this a sensible question? - thrombolyser
hi anthrax
my understanding is that there are few qs in which theres double dx.
2nd thing u wrote abdominal pain interfering with sleep -----> this pt is more sleepy and I can bet with any 1 this pts cns features cant be explained by pancreatic cancer I m very very sure about it
and I am suspicious that UW didn't even talk about his sleepiness and tiredness in explanation
they wrote that this pt may have developed subdural
@anthrax
bro u r right but what about the sleepiness and tiredness starting recently and does ca pancreas cause atypical depression as pt is more sleepy than usual?
how do u explain cns features with ca pancreas thats my q?
if u read 1st 2 lines of qs the pt is more sleepy in 1st 2 lines and in 3rd line suddenly abd. pain is interfering with sleep
what do u think isnt the author of this q confused.or I m not getting itSmile
u cannot explain 15 ibs unintentional wt loss in one month on the basis of chronic subdural hematoma and also subdural hematoma has more severe neurological defecit not just sleepiness.
U r correct aaz I m not doubting pancreatic CA but do u think that this pt has any other problem apart from Ca pancreas or his sole problem is pancreatic CA?
he might have, ur right Q is vague like it didnt mention the past h/o pancreatitis in the pt and no other risk factor for pancreatic cancer. As anthrax said atypical depression is also ass with pancreatic cancer.

i still believe that his sleepiness is not d/t depression b/c his pain not letting him sleep and his body require sleep and he feel tired and sleepy during day, Remember intractible pain of pancreatitis.
thanx aaz ur explanation cleared some of my doubts
but remember UW says he also has features of CSDH ( in explanation)
but I learnt some things from this mental exercise
thanx to all
chronic subdural hematoma is associated w sx of ICP, seizure progressive demencia and gait disturbances,
the PE find only abd pain
I think:pancreat cancer
usuallly with duodenum ulcer we dont lose wt
what did uw say the answer is?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »