Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will my friend match? - latinboy
This question is regarding one of my friend who is going through match this season and she is so scared. I have seen her struggle all her life and I just want to ask you guys what do you think are her chance of matching. Like most of you guys she is soo nervous at this time. I hope that she matches.

She had about 12 interviews and she ranked all program. She sent a thank you email after her interviews and only 3 PD's replied back to her saying that they look forward to the match. Nothing like they will rank her high or anything. She believes all the interviews went well, but not sure if they liked her. She is a carribean graduate and need visa.

What do you think are her chance of matching this year??? (I try to comfort her, but she always say I am just saying to support her).
oh another insight into my friends case: all of the programs that she was interviewed at had about on average 5 positions (for pgy1). Some had 10, but then some had 3. So on average around 5-6 positions per program
wow!! 137 views and no reply. Guys pls give me something pls. I am not in the medical field so I am not sure if this is good or not. I guess you guys have much more experience and have dealt with many people to give accurate ans.
50% chance f matchin....tats all u can say now...hop 50 turns to 100 on match day...all the best!!!
have some sex with her until match day; passionate sex will comfort her. GL
latinboy,
She will likely match. According to last year data, there is 90% chance, she will match.
Good luck
I feel almost 100% she will match. She got that much interview means her credential must be not that bad. One of them will choose her. Usually PD didn't response much to IMG. She had 3 response. I think it is very good chance too.

Please post it when matching result come out.
she will match
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »