Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headache case - got2bgood
hi,
,1. if the pt with headache says "ok dim the light , i ll feel better" then will we b able to see and write, ll b enoug light. and when to turn the light on?
2.if pt is lying with pain or etc , first we should sit to make an eye contact,,,,, and should we ask him to sit before PE or even early...
thanx in advance
good Questions !

1- A friend of mine dimmed the light for a young lady with photo-phobia, and he mentioned no difficulty about the rest of the encounter. I guess there will be no need to turn it on again, esp that it is somthng that bothers the pt.

2- ???????? any help, guys?
thanx for 1.
waiting for 2nd ,anyone plzzzz
dim the light scenario:a very good chance--- they would never go overboard with their acting skills and making it difficult to conduct the exam in suitable environment.USMLE would never encourage that, until and unless u press on making that happen-decreasing the light in the room kinda scenario. Do not worry of that happening.
Standardized patient preferring to lie during the encounter(whatever reason stated): Patient should not be made uncomfortable just to maintain eye contact.---totally uncalled for, undesirable,first thing a physician looks for when he sees a patient is absolute comfort for ailing guy not the social whatever--last of all would be an eye contact, so my advice ask them how they feel comfortable talking, as this interview plus examination will take 15 minutes and you want him to be at an absolute ease.
If they ask to dim the light do it, overhead light is enough to have an encounter

you can sit on stool by patients bed and have eye contact dont make him/her sit up if they are in pain
do we have to do this on all pts with headache? what kind of switch is that? can we turn and dim? or like regular switches? thanx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »