Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drstethscope - laiba2003
hi,thanks for sharing your exam exp in this forum.mine is on friday and I'm kind of nervous now and i'm not asking for cases you got but give me few tips and Are the cases are very difficult or every day cases and how the SP act .

2. In shoulder pain case do we ask SP to follow us for ROM or do we hold his hand and check of movements.

thanks
No cases are not difficult at all, at least mine were not. First Aid or USMLEWORLD are good sources but I think they were more like FA.
SPs were very very nice. They were well trained, almost real. I knew many gae me hints and info more than what i was asking after the initial ice was broken so invest in intro and good rapport from beginning. Be warm and dont rush them.

Remember paraphrasing after a few min...like i used to say " so Mr/Ms you told me you had pain 3 days ago, its not moving anywhere, 5-6 sharp and moving makes it worst" is that correct
Dont do it a lot to over whelm but my rule was once after HPI and ROS and Once after all PMH, Hosp Meds etc were asked I would revise +ve info with pt

remember to ask patient for permission

Practice from Knocking to coming out of room, so for expected things like Knock intro permission washing hands you are like a well oiled machine where you dont even have to blink doing those steps

I used to pull imaginary foot rest and open and close imaginary gowns with my practice patients

Just be urself follow the patient and you will be fine. Just remember this is a human being in front of you and what would yo do if this was a real patient with your manners and empathy Smile

Shoulder joint you can start with active ROM if that is hard for patient to do that you can try Passive (hold hand and do it) but if it hurts them thenyou apologize and dont try to complete that particular movement since you got your +ve sign

GL
You will be fine
once again thanks alot
could you pls send the cases to yedekmaila
thanks
FIRST thing not to forget about shooulder-arm pain is remember NOT TO SHAKING (especially if right)

WARN first! " I know your shoulder is hurting but I really need to do do this examination in order to figure how i can help you best"
Look at me and try do repeat my movements, as much as you can. (look at facial expression) if said he/she can, " that's okay, let's move to this... (the passive); I am going to ... if that's hurt a lot, let me know, I'd be gentle and slowly.....
FIRST thing not to forget about shooulder-arm pain is remember NOT TO SHAKING (especially if right)

WARN first! " I know your shoulder is hurting but I really need to do do this examination in order to figure how i can help you best"
Look at me and try do repeat my movements, as much as you can. (look at facial expression)

if said he/she can NOT, move on:
" that's okay, let's move to this... (the passive); I am going to ... if that's hurt a lot, let me know, I'd be gentle and slowly.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »