Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questining skills in CS,plz help... - jtk
Does anybody know what is meant bt questining skills.I got good perfomance in data gathering but my questioning skills was poor.I cant clearly understand what is the difference between these two.anybody please answer.
u need help , contact me at skype id cs_study_partner
questioning skill:
ask about cc and HPI first.with transition go over ROS,PMH,SOH,SXH,FH
Don't make it complicated ,and dont also take it easy.
Follow a fix pattern in every pt. and repeat it.but consider age,.... for sexual hx....e.g:dont ask every pt about sexual life.
Dont forget the pt has feeling and is not machine.
Talk to pt like serious friend not detective.
most of the time ask open q's and let her/him talk.
show empathy always few times during an encounter.
GOOD LUCK
i got border line in Q skills too!!?? and i did the pattern and also did god in empathy, fail due to data gathering and notes. the curious thing is that the students who did the same pattern and they have been studing with me most of then PASS. Same Q same every thing. I ask my self when i got the result with the feedback: where is my data gatherig. It shows like i was introducing my self and then ... silent and transition: now i will do the physical exam but first i will wash my hands.... where are all my Q... in LIQUORA and PAMHUGFOSSADO...
1295 $$$$... * 24 students = to much money!!! $$$$. ... non profit organization....
HPI is so important but with a trick it is so easy:
First follow LIQORAAA in every pt.there is only 10 system in body,ask related q's to r/o Ddx.
AA is simple but dont say what make it better or worse,instead say eg;are u sometimes pain free....
Asx is common sx like fever, n/v,... notice to door information for fever or tachypnea or high/low BP,... its abnormal many times and tell the pt that u found it.
watch this video,it helped me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7EMJ1WU_eQ
GL
watch the clips here a few times,it will help.
http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/doccom/user/
OMG that is shocking how much misguidance is here about the question asking skills , its just not one things but couple of things , need to be thorough to pass. don't listen to people , talk to me directly skype id cs_study_partner
yeah there is hell lot of difference between Data gathering and question asking skills , professional rapport and information sharing skills
contact me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »