Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to start - dredd
hey guys ,

I am medical graduate from India graduated in 1999,but have not been in touch with medicine for about 10 years.Now i want to come back and write usmle exams .I am working in valley center in Escondido in california.which is the best way for me now to write usmle....

dred
Hello dredd,
Its a very good decision on your part to come back into the stream and give these exams, but since you have been out of touch, you are strongly recommended to read the Kaplan books thoroughly, watch the videos and refer to the main textbooks for whatever you think your weak topics are. It will definitely be much harder for you compared to many people in this forum who give this exam during/immediately after medical school, but that should not bog you down as there have been innumerable instances of old IMG's like you getting perfect scores.
My advice- take a few months off from whatever you are doing and get down to work, as for I feel for us IMG's its not about how smart we are, its all about how hard we can work for this exam.

Good Luck to you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »