Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DrRed ccs workshop recorded vs live? - yelamanchi
I am not sure if there is archer interactive software, i believe it is only workshop , using premium cd that they usmle step 3 to demonstrate cases using the cd....it is all under assumption that this pt has but it isnt interactive according to my information.

Archer ccs workshop, will pin point things for someone not familiar with software, he uses the 5 cases presented on original cd and some additional cases but not interactive, the only interactive u will see is that some people asking questions over and over that most of the time are irrelvant and few are good. Dont take a live one if you have too. reocorded one are ok. you spend 14 hrs of workshop but actual learning maybe 1-2 hrs....bec everyone asking questions over and over and people arent experienced with the software, they are beginner which make it hard.

I have known people who took those lecture and workshop and still fail the exam recently.

you need to do more studying on your own and practice and practice.
Thanx for the information sami
live workshop is the best to ask him questions and practice in a group. Recorded session is good to watch and learn. His CCS lectures are definitely the best ones becuae there is no other course that explains the things needed to get high scores on CCS.
UW interactive is ok in CCS but like i mentioned several mistakes and no guidance http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=533132

What we need to have in CCS is guidance on how clinical people work at every step and as dr.red showed in his live workshop once, the scores of his students changed very high on ccs....he showed original score reports .

true that dr.red would be the best one to know what exactly to do on CCS but remember, you must practice on your own too and that should be on primum exam software to avoid confusions like wait times that are totally wrong in UW
In his live workshop, it is interactive because he makes you practice many simulated cases on primum software , he calls them mock cases. So if you want true interaction, take his live session
what ever you do, you need to practice putting all order you think of using the cd that they sent y by email or you can download for free from usmle web site
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »