Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch offere from Jersey City Medical Center - sammy10
I have been offered a prematch position at the JCMC. Can anyone please help me decide. Any information on the program and living in Jersey city will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Hey! Even I got the offer and accepted it. What about you?
sammy10,

congratulations. Jersey City is relatively nice area where you can live with your residency salary. It is 1/2 hour far/close to New York City and it is the center of NJ. Train and buses are available. I know nothing about the hospital.

good luck!
If you are from Asian country, you will find many people from your region, especially on the towns adjoining I-95, is it making you easy and at home.
I didn't actually take the prematch. I was offered it in December and I couldn't decide on it. So they emailed me again last week and asking me to decide on it. I finally made up my mind and when I called them they said we already offered the last spot and they were apologetic. However,some how I'm happy. I was ranking the program lower on my ROL since i Interviewed at better spots and had good interviews. Two pds told me in interview that ' you should get a residency of your choice'. Sad. But you know this match process is so uncertain. Who knows what goes on in the match. I'm praying. Good luck to everyone.
Beware of the program director Dr Amer Syed there were medical students there saying he would invite them for alcoholic drinks during rotations and some other fishy stuff. He targets medical students that are young and female.
sammy and paragchevli, I have also accepeted an offer from there. Is it possible to connect with you guys? I also have a friend who accepted the offer in December 2nd week. I was hoping people who matched there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »