Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 and H1 visa - nadimgpsych
Hi guys!!

Congrats for all the people who matched! and who don´t, don´t give up! =)

I wanted to ask you what kind of doucments do i need for the two visa, how long is the process for each one and what other things do i need to know. I have programs h1 and j1 in my list, but the problem is that i took my step 3 just one week ago, and the results are delayed, and there is also the h1 visa cap issue. So I will like to know this information ahead, to be able to negotiate with the program where i matched. If you have any informative link, i will highly appreciated.

Thanks!!
congrats, i did well also.
I want to apologies to you as, in one of our early communications, I had un-intentionally given old information on H-1 cap. The new rules says there is cap, but I am also looking for more information on the same.
Your step 3 results should be available in three weeks from the first Wednesday of your test date.
Any input?
Nadim did you contact the program they should have a package for you to follow there really is no negotiation it is the way the program does their visas its instituionalized for the most part also they can recommend you a good attorney or ask one of the upper levels who was sponsored...I would not walk in the door of a program looking to negotiate for something they are not willing to do
I dont get you pretty much ya_libi. I still dont know where I match, i have to wait for yesterday, so that´s why, i´m looking information because i could have matched in a program sponsoring h1 or j1 or both. but in the h1, i need to ask them, to wait for my results, and no every program agrees with that, I just want to be informed tomorrow. Also; i´m going to take a course in Canada, i need a visa there, and they will take my passport for a month, so i am also looking information what should i do first, us visa or canadian..and of course us visa for my residency is my priority.

Thank you.

Yesterday Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »