Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open session July 14th, 2011 - mleresidencytips
@positive,
absolutely positive, positive. the YOG is the date on the diploma. you will be a 2009 grad if that the date on the diploma.

@marf,
you are a being too negative already, you have a decent chance in FM, IM, peds or psych etc.. the 'fab four' for IMGs. things in your favor are no visa required, USLORS. your step 1 score is low but positive side is you have NO attempts. not too old grad. my advise, dont talk about packing your bag just yet, unless you are packing them to go to interviews (which in your case, you can hope to get).
www.mleresidencytips.blogspot.com
Thanks a lot mleresidencytips,god bless you.
Are you still online, mleresidencytips?
hi tokillamockingbird, will be online a few more minutes. reading some articles.
I finished my final exam in 2006 and my internship in 2007.
But my diploma mentions 2006.
Does it mean "my YOG is 2006?"

step 1 - 98/234
step 2 - 92/223
step 2 cs - passed
All are first attempt
step 3 - going to take at the end of September
YOG - 2006 or 2007 (I am not sure)
Extermship - 6 months at a clinic (Pediatric)
LOR - only one from that Pediatrician
Need Visa
want to apply IM / Ped / FM

What is my chance? Should I take step 3 earlier?
Thank in advance.
[sadly, the YOG is whatever is mentioned on the diploma, most of the time it is issues a year later than end of internship, but in your case it seems somehow to have predated your internship. so yes it is going to be 2006]

step 1 - 98/234
step 2 - 92/223
step 2 cs - passed
All are first attempt
[good scores]

[2006]

[you have more LORs planned right? onely one is not going to be enough]

Need Visa
[i would say you have fair ok chance, based only on these numbers. get in touch with your peds physician and start cranking up your charm and get in touch with the folks you rotated at, these maneuvers will help you get interviews]

[step 3 is a gamble that can seldom pay off. If you pass then it wont affect your chances per say, but you can make a case for Hib visa. If you score a 99, it may increase your interview chances a tad, however the BIG question is if you do poorly or fail, then you are worse off then than you are now. so that being said, decide on how prepared your are for step 3. If you plan of doing in, then any time before march 2012 should be good enough.]
[sadly, the YOG is whatever is mentioned on the diploma, most of the time it is issues a year later than end of internship, but in your case it seems somehow to have predated your internship. so yes it is going to be 2006]

step 1 - 98/234
step 2 - 92/223
step 2 cs - passed
All are first attempt
[good scores]

[2006]

[you have more LORs planned right? onely one is not going to be enough]

Need Visa
[i would say you have fair ok chance, based only on these numbers. get in touch with your peds physician and start cranking up your charm and get in touch with the folks you rotated at, these maneuvers will help you get interviews]

[step 3 is a gamble that can seldom pay off. If you pass then it wont affect your chances per say, but you can make a case for Hib visa. If you score a 99, it may increase your interview chances a tad, however the BIG question is if you do poorly or fail, then you are worse off then than you are now. so that being said, decide on how prepared your are for step 3. If you plan of doing in, then any time before march 2012 should be good enough.]
Thank you so much.
One more things.
When I ask my Dean to send MSPE for me, I ask about those YOG thing. He said my school will mention YOG as 2007. So, what can happen my YOG from PD's point of view?

I have planned to get two more LORs on August.
Does it enough if I have 3 LORs? Becasue I don't have a chance to get more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »