Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience - laplace
Hi Everyone!

I just took my exam 2 days ago.. this was not my first time... the exam was not easy. Last time i had 72% . The first 2 blocks were ok... but after that i had a lot of CT.. MRI Graph..very difficults ethics questions..Most of my questions were like" what is the next step" ( i thought i was taking step 2 )..even the basic MOA of drugs it was not straight foward questions like other say... although i had a few of those.. but the exam was challenging.. i studied 2 months... my average on Qbank was 70%.. on my second qbank review it was 85%.. i did rapid review cd.. 68% average... i read FA 3 times. The overall exam was not Very very difficult.. but it was not easy either.. i had questions with 3 or 4 answers choices.. the one with more than 5 choices were easier. I had alot on questions based on research... i had a full drawings a chemical structures of lipids...x-rays...i had to spend time with each questions because even with the one that seems easier they put alot of distractors.. so please when you take the exam.. to assume the question is easy...I don't know if i did well but compare to last time i took this exam.. the format of my exam and degree of difficulty was different.

Good luck for you all .. i hope i will have good news for you guy in Nov 25.
Best of luck
Hi laplace

I took the exam last tuesday. I had exactly the same feeling. the q's were too long and lot of distractors. it was much harder than all the practice tests and kaplan q 'bank.
Both laplace and kkandave --

Would u guys mind sharing your exam exprience in a bit detail here. I mean the kind of Qs asked, subjects tesetd, topics covered..........that would be great........thanks.........
What kind of physio graphs, drugs & micro bugs did you encounter?
Thanks
Hi cleveland_doc

There were lot of questions from pharmacology particularly the sympathetic/parasympathetic/cholinergic . most of them were graphs. many of the biochem questions from molecular biology (iwas surprised to see the protein structures. one q's showed the zinc finger protein structure). q's on microarray. the first block was real easy. then they started to become tough. many behavioural science q's from substance abuse, ehtics, not many from biostatistics.
Hi

I had graphs in Biostatistics.. physio.. alot with arrows up and down... drawings in Immuno...pathways in biochemestry.. and chemical strucures... i had alot of chest x-ray.. MRI.. CT's...as i said the first 2 blocks were ok.. but the exam changed...patients management... alot of Hartd ethic questions..i had maybe 5 questions with 3 answers choices only..( so you can imagine..the level of difficulties). I also had 4 questions that came from the Cd's that they send you.. exact same questions. Anatomy was very light.. not alot.. but pathphysio... behaviors and pharm were alot.As i said many questions in biochem were based on research .. not really straight fowards questions.... some questions were pretty long.. but you did not need all the information to answer. I was tested in Pediatrics .. maybe 8 questions related..
I know you guys want specific questions.. i do remember a few but it is illegal to share questions. But the exam was challenging.. but if you knew the concepts they were testing you .. it was not very hard to figure out the answer.. But last time i took the exam i thought it was very easy.. and i did not pass ( 72%).. this time the exam was tough.. and i used all my time to answer questions... just a couple mins left for each block...
Just wish all of you the best of luck

Hi
the physio were arrow up and down.. endocrine questions..alot of hormone
Pharm alot of SE effects... adrenergic agonist/ antagonist
MRI , CT's brain.. chest -xrays... drawings in Immuno...and brain lesions.. brachial plexus of course...i really feel like i was taking step 2.. most questions patient mangement.. and patein /physician interactions
GL
Hi,
What were ur study materials? Did u study kaplan note and FA or more stuff??
Please let me know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »