• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
today i took uwsa form 2 got 560/232=shud i go or - md2012la
TODAY I TOOK UWSA FORM 2 AND GOT 560/232,

5 DAYS BACK MY NBME FORM 7 WAS 370.
MY UW PRACTICE TEST AVERAGE IS 57%

I HAVE DONE KAP BOOKS 2 TIMES
FA REVIEW 2 TIMES

I HAVE ONLY FINSHED 15% (350 QS) FROM UWORLD PRACTICE QS,

MY EXAM DATE IS TOMMORROW, IF I DONT TAKE IT I WILL LOOSE THE MONEY.

SHUD I GO FOR THE EXAM OR NOT??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE REPLY ME BY TODAY.
pls reply
NBME is more of a good predictor and I think you are on edge. I would reschedule if I were you because it is a big risk. I would finish the entire UW and then take a couple of more NBME's.....Maybe someone else has some other opinion but this is what I think...In either case I wish you good luck and I hope things work out for you.

It's a tough decision...I agree with mfandtr...nbme is a better predictor of scores, have you done any other nbme's recently?.....according to your score you would get a low pass or a high fail I think. People have mentioned on this forum UWSA overestimates your score. I dunno what kind of score you are aiming for...if you are just looking to pass, maybe you can go for it but it's still risky.

I would also reschedule...I've had to do this once before, in my case, I applied for the exam before I even started studying for it...other things came up & I couldn't even start studying for it...extended my eligibility period by 3 months thinking maybe I could start studying & take the exam...eventually didnt take the exam (lost all the money) But it's better than failing it or getting a very low score.

Just my opinion...good luck whatever you decide!
hell yah i would go to the exam and crack the hell out of them meany exam. best of luck.
hi
i am agree first two opinions .i can give myself as an example .i scored nbme 6 online june 16th .score was 390 (144/200).after one month study i gave nbme 12 online .the score was 390 (same).That time i had only one month for study to give exam .but the time was ramadan (fasting month).so i lost my money.alhamdulillah i am now in a good shape .will give nbme 11 soon ,after that I will the take exam date .brother its upto you to take the decision.good luck for your exam.
thank u all

BUT RIGHT NOW ALSO I TOOK THE USMLE.ORG PRACTICE QS.
BLOCK 1 I GOT 73% CORRECT,
BLOCK 2 I GOT 65% CORECT...

NOW DO U THINK THAT IS GUD ENOUGH....HOW MUCH SHUD I B GETTING ON THAT

fred q's are easier than the actual exam...nbme's are the best predictor for most people.
finally decided not to go for the exam..thanks u carpediem1
thank u so much doc......

when r u taking it ..?!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »