Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center IM IV - help! - medcrazy
hey, everyone,
I am preparing IV for it. I read from some old posts that we will be asked to present a case. Specifically, we will be given a diagnosis and asked to make up a case based on it. Is this true? How to prepare it? Anyone had any recent experience? Thanks a lot!
I will have IV there in Dec only. Sorry, don't know.
Although I heard vice versa....YOU will be asked to present your own case or they will give you a case and ask how you will diagnose it and treat it....
But I don't know exactly what cases do they ask....I would imagine, though, something like DM, DKA, COPD, MI etc.
I also don't know how deep they ask those Qs, as explanation of MI treatment can take up to 20-30 min (if asked deeply).

Hey, guys, help your fellows...share the Qs-don't be shy Smile

medcrazy, keep in touch after you will have your IV there...they offer PM!
nastia06,
Thank you for the response. I searched this forum and found this thread:
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=463214
It sounds strange that we will have to build a case from scratch with only a diagnosis in hand. If they conduct the interview in the way you described, it would be easier. Any way to confirm this?
Glad to know that they offer PM, and of course keep in touch. I am new in this forum. I would be happy to post my experience here if people are willing to share theirs and help us out.
Anyone there? Please help!
medcrazy, email me plz to DocNastia06, I need to talk to you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »