Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lettrr of intent then withdraw? - sunmd
I wad told the a letter of intent is
On the way, and the contract sometime march or
April.. Is anybody on the same boat? Is that
Letter legally binding/ a contract too per se? Obviously i can't wait for the contract before withdrawing, id have to withdraw upon signing the letter
Of intent, is it really so?/ is it safe? Sorr people, just paranoid and wanting it
Badly
i don think programs will know u withdraw or not ... unless u matched at match day
i am on the same boat but i was asked to withdraw before signing the letter and when they see the withdrawal they will send the contract in feb.

is it safe? is this letter binding? it is signed from the Chair and I have all the e-mails from them also.
u would want the letter first then withdraw .. but u can always sign back to the match after withdrawing to my knowledge

Yeah letter of intent is acceptable
I was also told that my program would send the contract in March/April. They asked me to sign the offer letter and then withdraw from the match. I did that. I think letter of intent/offer letter is a legal document. Once you sign it, u can withdraw from the match safely
You have to withdraw from NRMP before 2/22/12 once you have a letter of intent. If you go thru the match when you already have a position outside the match, then you are in violation with the NRMP, and maybe banned from NRMP for life-meaning you won't be able to go thru fellowship match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »