Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE answer to my question - dementia_71
My question about MATCHING PROCESS:::FOR EXAMPLE :if some program need just 7 residents(7 positions),,,and they rank somebody(applicant) like 6 th position,,IF that somebody rank this program very high ,does he get residency???will he match???i mean if they rank this person any thing between 1-7 ,,and that applicant rank them very high ,,will he match???????thankss
yes.........YES.............yes...........ABSOLUTELY.
Yes Smile

If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

There were some complaints that no reply was sent. Please be patient, and you should be replied in the order your email was received.
thanks Edward Norton))),,,,,I thought you should match exactly with the number of the rank,,do you know what i am mean?? LIKE A LOTTERY)),,,,like a homologous chromatid)))
Down boy, down.
I don't think the algorithm is like a lottery. It does favour the candidate in terms of getting desired programs. There is a discussion about it that i found useful: http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=645919

Yes
But dont rank based on how u feel a program will rank u.
rank based on how u like it.
meaning that the program that has you at number 6...even if u rank it at number 20...u will end up there even if your first 19 didnt rank u.
I dont understand why u guys dont take time off and read the matching algorithm. So much dedication went into the steps...we shd invest in key things like this which are gonna decide where we gonna end up at
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »