Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership for IMG - mediteo
I am IMG with STEP1 99, STEP2 CS PASS, CK 99.
I am looking for Observership in (IM or Pathology) to obtain US LORs.

1) Any tips where to find Observerships in tristate area or even nation wide ?
2) Are paid observerships truly helpful to get your application pass through the filters of ERAS ?

thank you.
For your US LOR to be strong enough to encourage the PDs to invite you for interviews it SHOULD be from ACGME certified programs. Many applicants who do their observerships throught these companies get no interviews especially that they are giving these copy-pasted generic LORs. IMGs in general find observerships in the acgme programs nationwide better than restricted to a certain zone as you will get US LORs through exposure to different systems and so the more chance to get interviews, these programs are listed in the applicantguide observership and externship list on their website. I advice you tog et at least two observerships in different states to make your profile strong enough to grap the attention of the PDs.
thanks for the reply.
anyone can recommend a ACGME certified program offering observerships ? (IM or Pathology)
go to the website mentioned above by zafanili and get the list, you will be fine.
POST MBBS RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAM

Recently I came across a very unique opportunity that is offered by Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. This looks like a tailor-made program to allow MBBS Graduates get into the U.S. residency program very smooth and easy. I wanted to share this program so you can help and guide all those who use and look upon your site for unbiased and high quality guidance, like I did.

The program details I found are listed at - http://www.drnswami.org/cch/index.html

I did step 1 2000, former day 2 FMGEMS in 1999 step 2 CS 2013. mean while I did FCPS (clinical Hematology from Pakistan) and doing job as Assistant consultant in BMT unit in KFSH&RC KSA. Is there any hope I can get Fellowship in Hematology. If anybody help me I will be highly grateful. Thanks to all....Dr. Shad Ahmed
Cleveland clinic in India....take care from this posted link it is very obvious fraud.
@chris2012
Have you gone through that web site ? Are you having mental retardation issues?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »